Floyd Loves Janice: True Love Forever

John, Jenn, Fifi and Bob Cat, off on another adventure!

Monday, October 01, 2007

Spider Heaven

We have noticed that Matilda has been missing for close to 24 hours. I am very concerned. John thinks that she is hiding from my incessant leering at her.

Still, I can't help but be happy, despite missing her. There are several soft cream colored spheres that are attached to our house. These appear to be egg sacs. We're not sure if they are Matilda's. We know that this isn't a Disney movie where spiders can sing, but part of me wants to think that, wherever she is, she knows that her kids are safe. FiFi and Bob have already started naming them- FiFi has come up with Princess, and Mattie. Bob just wants one to be named Bob Jr. There will be most likely 300 spiderlings, so we pretty much can name them every conceivable name there is.

In searching for Matilda tonight, I made a nice discovery. Three more spiders in their own webs! They all three are much smaller than Matilda, but each are different and to me, very beautiful. Zoe resides on the opposite lamp post. She is white with some browish black spots. Annie is small and black. Matilda's next door neighbor on the porchlight I have named Randi. When I discovered her, she was eating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home